1/4 Photos of Even Sluttier Slutty Brownies
1 hr 5 mins
Mandy at Food.com's Note:
This recipe is a re-creation of the amazing and decadent Slutty Brownies from the blog What’s Gaby Cooking (http://whatsgabycooking.com), which were inspired by The Londoner blog (http://www.thelondoner.me). But what makes them different--ahem--"sluttier”? I’ve amped up the recipe with a secret layer of caramel plus salted caramel on top. How’s that for filthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the brownie layer
- 510.29 g box brownie mix, prepared and unbaked OR
- 147.89 ml unsalted butter
- 295.73 ml white sugar
- 177.44 ml cocoa powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
For the Oreo layer
- 439.41 g package Oreo cookies (my pan fit 16)
For the caramel layer
- 170.09 g jar dulce de leche
- 4.92 ml fleur de sel
For the chocolate chip cookie layer
- 510.29 g roll ready-made refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, OR
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 6.16 ml vanilla extract
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan (or use a 9x13 pan if gooey centers bother you) with tin foil and then spray the foil liberally with baking spray.
- 3Make the brownie layer per box instructions (without baking) OR: In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and remove from the heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs to the batter and then whisk until combined. In a separate bowl, sift the flour and then slowly incorporate the flour into the batter until it's all mixed. Set the batter aside.
- 4If making your own cookie dough: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with a hand mixer. Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as you go. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and then set aside.
- 6Start by gently pressing the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan, making sure to create an even layer. (I found it helpful to use the back of a 1-cup measure cup.).
- 7Then add a layer of Oreos on top of the cookie dough. Nudge them as close together as possible without overlapping.
- 8Get ready for the gluttony: Remove the lid on the caramel sauce/dulce de leche and microwave for 35 seconds (until it becomes slightly warm and spreadable). Use a spoon to drizzle the caramel over the Oreos.
- 9Lastly: Pour the brownie batter on top of the caramel-Oreo layer. Use a spatula to make sure it's even.
- 10Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. It's OK if the knife has some brownie on it. It's easy to over-bake the cookie layer if left in the oven too long.
- 11Once out of the oven, heat up the caramel again as in step 8. With a spoon, lightly drizzle the caramel over the brownies. Sprinkle with the salt.
- 12*Note: Although you can scarf these right away (they'll be crumbly but delicious and gooey!), they actually get better with age. Let them rest for several hours for easier handling and serving.
- 13*Note: Prep time is reduced if using boxed/ready-made mixes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Even Sluttier Slutty Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1022.5
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.5 mg
- Sodium 889.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 150.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 60.7 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dulce de leche