Recipe by Tracy Mile
I got this recipe from my mom in law. I am not a big fan of bran muffins, but these are something different. Crunchy, moist, and yummy!
Top Review by kstyer
Excellent recipe. These are so moist and delicious. I left out the seseme and sunflower seeds, because I didnt have them, but I am sure they would be great with them too! I did use 1cup buttermilk and 1cup milk, and I also used the wheat germ...Love them!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 cup flour (whole wheat or white)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups natural bran (or 1 1/2 cups bran, 1/2 cup wheat germ)
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°C.
- Beat eggs, add sugar, oil, milk and molasses. Mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, add all flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and bran together. Mix thoroughly.
- Add raisins, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds to the dry mix. Mix again.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Mixture will appear quite wet, but will thicken up quickly.
- Line muffin pan with muffin cups.
- Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes.