I love the morning glory muffin and this is my attempt and making it a bit healthier and lower in fat.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 7 ounces crushed pineapple, reserve juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the Dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites and egg, add other wet ingredients. Mix together - if too dry add pineapple juice - if too wet add more all purpose flour (a bit at a time) time.
- Use muffin liners; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire.