Recipe by Boonyas mom
I love the morning glory muffin and this is my attempt and making it a bit healthier and lower in fat.
Top Review by Sara 76
These were nice served warm with a little butter, but without the butter they seemed to be missing something. I couldn't get the flax seed, so I used wheatgerm instead, but apart from that I made as written. My nephew quite liked them, and we will eat & enjoy them, but I don't think I will make them again. [Made for Fall 08 PAC]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 7 ounces crushed pineapple, reserve juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the Dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites and egg, add other wet ingredients. Mix together - if too dry add pineapple juice - if too wet add more all purpose flour (a bit at a time) time.
- Use muffin liners; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire.