This may be one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever created. It truly only took me five minutes to prepare! And it tasted better than any frozen pot pie I've ever had. And, finally, it's a very flexible recipe—I would bet you could use any cream soup in place of the cream of chicken, or any assortment of vegetables, or any type of precooked chicken, from rotisserie to leftovers. So, enjoy it. It's a true pantry supper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken
- 8 ounces frozen vegetables, thawed and chopped (cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot is a good mix)
- 8 ounces frozen vegetables, thawed and chopped (the kind in cheese sauce)
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent roll dough
- garlic powder
- poultry seasoning
- black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a 9"x 13" baking dish (or mixing bowl if you prefer), mix the cream of chicken soup and the canned chicken. Stir in the vegetables.
- 3Now, test the both the consistency and the taste of the filling. Add milk as necessary to thin the filling down. This will also make it taste a little less salty. Now, add the seasonings to taste. (NOTE: you can use any seasonings you like. I like a little chili powder for a spark, but basil is good, so is thyme, so is savory. Be creative!).
- 4Add filling to baking dish, if you’ve used a mixing bowl. With a spatula or a knife, even out the surface of the filling, the same way you would a pan of brownies.
- 5Unroll the crescent dough, and fit the pieces together over the top of the filling. You won't have 100% complete coverage, but this is not important.
- 6Put the pie in the oven to bake. You will need anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the oven. While it's baking, watch your pie closely to make sure that the crust is not burning. When the crust is golden, test the center of filling to make sure it's warm; if it's not, carefully bake a little while longer.
- 7That's it! You're done.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Even Easier Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.2
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 1406.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 23.3 g