Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a Cooking Light cookbook and after I made it, added it to my pile of keeper recipes. It is really easy to make and while it may not be traditional chicken parm, it always satisfies my cravings. I used the whole jar of pasta sauce just because I like things saucy but you can use whatever amount you like OR you can use your own homemade sauce.
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place beaten egg in a shallow dish and place the bread crumbs and 2 tbsps Parmesan in a shallow dish as well.
- Dip each tender in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs/Parmesan mixture and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large, ovenproof skillet and add chicken.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and no pink remains in the chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, preheat broiler.
- Combine the sauce and vinegar in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, vent, and heat on HIGH for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Pour over the chicken in the skillet.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and the mozzarella.
- Wrap skillet handle with aluminum foil if needed (I don’t have to wrap mine) and broil, watching carefully, until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes or so.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.