Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My MIL and her daughter began this baking endeavor with Cowboy cookies. This is my sequel, and I'm stickin' to it.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 package Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 package Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 (14 ounce) bag coconut
- GHIRADELLI OR OTHER FINE CHOCOLATE ONLY, NO SUBSTITUTIONS!
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Melt butter and 1/2 bag of chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Combine both sugars in large bowl, and add butter-chocolate mixture, stirring well.
- Add vanilla and eggs.
- Add baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour, blending thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips, oatmeal, and coconut, mixing well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet (these do better as a bigger cookie).
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until cookies just begin to turn brown- don't overbake!
I had to skip the coconut, that's just me, but the cookies are awesome! I went a little heavy handed with the nutmeg, and I thought it really paid off. I used Scharffen-Berger chocolate, my favorite.