1/1 Photo of Evelyn's Pickled Okra
This recipe is from a friend of my mom and dad. So good!!! I have eaten this but I have not made it, I plan to make it soon. Cook time does not include time for water to heat in canner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In each of 9 pint size hot jars (I prefer wide mouth jars), put 1 pepper, 2 cloves garlic, and 1 tsp dill seed.
- 2Pack washed okra into jars to within 1/2" from the top of the jar.
- 3Boil vinegar, water, canning salt, and sugar.
- 4Pour vinegar mixture over okra, again filling to within 1/2" from the top of the jar.
- 5Remove any air bubbles.
- 6Wipe rim of jar clean and put on lids and screw bands.
- 7Process in hot water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- 8*Instead of using whole peppers, you can use 2 pieces of pepper cut into about 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces.
- 9**Instead of using 2 small cloves of garlic for each jar, you can use 1 large clove.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Evelyn's Pickled Okra
Serving Size: 1 (3489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6308.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g