This recipe is from a friend of my mom and dad. So good!!! I have eaten this but I have not made it, I plan to make it soon. Cook time does not include time for water to heat in canner.
- In each of 9 pint size hot jars (I prefer wide mouth jars), put 1 pepper, 2 cloves garlic, and 1 tsp dill seed.
- Pack washed okra into jars to within 1/2" from the top of the jar.
- Boil vinegar, water, canning salt, and sugar.
- Pour vinegar mixture over okra, again filling to within 1/2" from the top of the jar.
- Remove any air bubbles.
- Wipe rim of jar clean and put on lids and screw bands.
- Process in hot water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- *Instead of using whole peppers, you can use 2 pieces of pepper cut into about 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces.
- **Instead of using 2 small cloves of garlic for each jar, you can use 1 large clove.