Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of the recipes I tried was so good that I used it to turn into a pasta salad. The recipe I used was Dijon Chicken Salad Sandwiches . The twist is the addition of the pasta. I recommend a hearty pasta such as rottelle, bowties or orecchiette. It is best after setting for 24 hours as the flavors blend to a nice compliment. I hope enjoy both Evelyn's Sandwiches and this pasta salad variation.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup tart apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups pasta, cooked and chilled - 3 cups if you love pasta
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to blend, 24 hours is better.
- Just before serving add in the pasta.
- Toss and serve.
This was good, but missing something. I used fresh dill and a sweeter apple as none of us like tart ones. I think next time I'll try adding a little garlic and onion powder and maybe use tuna instead of chicken. It's very versatile and can be modified to fit anyone's exact preferences. Thanks Debby!