Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
Evelyn was a homeroom mother with my grandmama for one of my aunt's classes when my aunt was small. My grandmama said Evelyn made great cookies and was very into cake decorating.
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Mix in egg and flour.
- Blend dry ingredients and stir in .
- Refrigerate 2 or 3 hours.
- Divide dough in half and roll out. ("You must roll out on lightly floured pastry cloth about 3/16 inch thick." - I guess that means get out the cookie cutters?).
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes in a 375°F oven.