Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Little chocolate cake like cookie treats with a yummy smooth creamy gooey marshmallow filling! These are so delicious, everytime I make them they are gone the same day. I have made a few extra batches to store in the freezer, as they are great to make ahead of time and keep on hand. These are even yummy right out of the freezer for a cool dessert with some fresh fruit and whipped cream. The recipe itself is soooo easy. Enjoy, Eva.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk (can be whole milk or lowfat)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted (cooled slightly)
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow cream (marshmallow fluff)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or very lightly oil and flour a baking sheet.
- FOR BATTER- In a mixing bowl add Butter, Sugar, Baking Soda, Salt, Baking Powder, Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add Egg, Vanilla, Beat until blended.
- Add Cocoa, Blend thoroughly.
- Set mixer to low speed and slowly add Milk until blended.
- Gently stir in flour a little at a time by hand until all is incorporated.
- Drop batter by Level Tablespoons 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 7-11 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool on baking sheet for a minute then immediately transfer to a wire rack to complete cool down.
- FOR FILLING- Mix all ingredients: Melted Butter, Confectioners Sugar, Marshmallow Fluff and Vanilla Extract, vigorously until blended to a smooth consistancy (you can an add a bit more marshmallow fluff for a little less rich of a taste).
- TO ASSEMBLE- Spread 2 tsp of the filling onto the flat side of half the cookies made; top each with the remaining cookies.
- Press to secure.
- STORAGE- Cookies can be refrigerated in an airtight container or ziplock bag with wax paper in between the layers for up to (1) one week or stored frozen for up to (1) one month, Enjoy!