Mye Mye's Note:
Little chocolate cake like cookie treats with a yummy smooth creamy gooey marshmallow filling! These are so delicious, everytime I make them they are gone the same day. I have made a few extra batches to store in the freezer, as they are great to make ahead of time and keep on hand. These are even yummy right out of the freezer for a cool dessert with some fresh fruit and whipped cream. The recipe itself is soooo easy. Enjoy, Eva.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk (can be whole milk or lowfat)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or very lightly oil and flour a baking sheet.
- 3FOR BATTER- In a mixing bowl add Butter, Sugar, Baking Soda, Salt, Baking Powder, Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 4Add Egg, Vanilla, Beat until blended.
- 5Add Cocoa, Blend thoroughly.
- 6Set mixer to low speed and slowly add Milk until blended.
- 7Gently stir in flour a little at a time by hand until all is incorporated.
- 8Drop batter by Level Tablespoons 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- 9Bake about 7-11 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- 10Cool on baking sheet for a minute then immediately transfer to a wire rack to complete cool down.
- 11FOR FILLING- Mix all ingredients: Melted Butter, Confectioners Sugar, Marshmallow Fluff and Vanilla Extract, vigorously until blended to a smooth consistancy (you can an add a bit more marshmallow fluff for a little less rich of a taste).
- 12TO ASSEMBLE- Spread 2 tsp of the filling onto the flat side of half the cookies made; top each with the remaining cookies.
- 13Press to secure.
- 14STORAGE- Cookies can be refrigerated in an airtight container or ziplock bag with wax paper in between the layers for up to (1) one week or stored frozen for up to (1) one month, Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eva's Kosher Marshmallow Whoopie Pies
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 134.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g