Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious fresh tasting strawberry honey butter. It's quick and easy. It's not to sweet and you can make it ahead of time so it's perfect for brunches or plan ahead breakfasts. I made this recipe up to have on my fresh baked corn muffins and it is amazing!! You can also try substituting different types of berries or a combination of berries for a different twist! Enjoy, Eva
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (margarine or any heartsmart butter type spread may be substituted if necessary)
- 4 -5 fresh strawberries (frozen may be substituted if fresh is unavailable thaw before using)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Wash and hull strawberries.
- Put strawberries in blender of food processor and puree to a smooth liquid consistency (do not overmix).
- Put softened butter, honey, confectioners' sugar, and strawberry puree in a bowl. Beat at high speed until butter and strawberries are completely incorporated to a light slightly fluffy consistency (about 2-3 minutes, don't over beat).
- Spoon the whipped Strawberry Honey Butter into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. (If using right away let firm up slightly in refrigerator for about 15 minutes first).
- NOTE- Although this yummy fruit butter will go fast, it would be great if someone could post the approximate refrigerator life of it for me.