Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
This is a really nice recipe if you want a butter cookie with a twist. The cookie itself is more of a soft thick cookie rather than a flat crisp one. Also this cookie is sweet but not too sweet. The Hazelnut and Chocolate are a perfect combination. These cookies are great to add to a holiday cookie tray or just to have in the evening as a special treat with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea.
- Sift together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- Add crushed hazelnuts; set aside.
- In a separate bowl; cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla to butter-sugar mixture.
- Beat with mixer for 30 seconds until light and fluffy (or by hand for about 2 minutes).
- Combine Flour Mixture to the Butter/Sugar Mixture BY HAND.
- Mixing only until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Chill for at least 1 Hour (Optionally, dough can be chilled overnight).
- Roll teaspoon-sized balls of dough and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten balls slightly with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400° for 10-12 minutes until set.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Let Cool for 2 minutes and remove from baking sheet.
These cookies are amazing! I made them for a dinner party last nite and received so many compliments. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.