Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great alternative to storebought evaporated milk for those who can't have dairy. It actually makes slightly over a cup, so make sure you measure before you add it!
- Mix together water and soymilk powder.
- You may want to use a wire whisk, because sometimes the powder doesn't like to dissolve.
- Pour into a measuring cup until you have 1 cup (you can get rid of the excess).
- Note: This recipe works for Better than Milk brand; I'm not sure about any others!
- The secret is adding 3 times as much soymilk powder as is directed.
Great substitute, I have some soy milk powder i need to use up. I've used it twice in ice cream, and no one could tell the difference.
It worked so well for my sugar free pumpkin custard II. Even less fat than evaporated milk. There's no fat free evaporated milk here! Thanks for this helpful recipe