Recipe by Bev
This recipe comes from the Evans Farm Inn, which used to be in McLean, VA. The 40 acre farm is now being developed into apartments and houses. Serve this wonderful crisp with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Top Review by Georgia Girl
Very good--one of my family's best- liked desserts and Bev's recipe is excellent. We had it for supper tonight, and DH fixed it while I was doing supper, so you know it is easy to prepare. We will definitely make it again.
- 8 medium apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a large bowl, blend apples with 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup sugar, and 2 TBS flour.
- Place apples in the baking dish and dot with butter.
- In a medium bowl, place remaining sugar and flour, baking powder, remaining 1 tsp cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in egg until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over apples and bake 30 minutes, or until apple mixture is bubbly and browned.