Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is the meatball recipe that is suppose to go with Euvedge (Poor Man's Stew). Like I mentioned on the other recipe, I didn't like them much when I was a kid, so my mom would leave them out of my bowl. I grew up leaving them out of the pot. It's not that the meatballs taste bad, I just didn't like lamb as a kid. Of course, tastebuds change as we grow older and now I LOVE lamb; I just can't make myself to add the meatballs to the pot because whenever I make Euvedge, I think it's because I'm a little homesick for the past.
- 1 lb ground lamb or 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Combine all ingredients and put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- This allows the rice to absorb the liquid.
- Shape into balls and add it to the pot before adding the veggies.
- Let simmer 8-10 minutes and THEN GENTLY add the rest of the veggies.
- (See Euvedge (Poor Man's Stew) for recipe).