- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs roasting chickens
- 1⁄4 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Burgundy wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried marjoram, crumbled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Discard giblets and neck from chicken or save for broth.
- Rinse chicken under cold running water, drain, pat dry.
- Place breast side up in a shallow roasting pan.
- Blend remaining 6 ingredients, brush cavity and skin thoroughly with mixture.
- Roast in 375 degree oven 1 1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat but not touching bone registers 180 degrees, brushing with marinade every 30 minutes.
- Remove and let stand 10 minutes before carving.