Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Delicious and easy roast chicken recipe I got from the back of a bottle of soy sauce. Too good to be overlooked!
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons marjoram
- minced garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl.
- Roast chicken at 450 degrees for 30 minutes, breast side up.
- Turn chicken to breast side down.
- Pour sauce over chicken and roast for additional 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Baste every 15 minutes or so.
15 minutes into the oven and the entire kitchen was full of smoke. I even changed the temperature down to 400 and the oven was still smoking. I don't know what step wasn't included, but my oven is always clean when I put food in, so there wasn't anything else to burn but the chicken. On top of that, the skin of the chicken cracked off and was gone. So much for all of the taste. I gave up because there was no way I could continue cooking in a kitchen full of smoke. I think the temperature is set way too high on this recipe. There's nothing else I can think of that would cause this to happen.
Wonderful recipe. My husband and son have asked for this almost once a week since I've made it. So easy, and the leftovers (if I use a big enough chicken) taste even better. Thank you.
Fabulous! Cooked it at my older son's home during a pre-Christmas visit, using a 6-pound free-range chicken. They didn't have any marjoram so I used an herb combo mix and it turned out fine.