This is good for lunch
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces piece of boneless salmon or 6 ounces a firm flaky white fish
- curry leaf
- 1 piece pandan leaf
- 6 cm ginger
- 2 cm turmeric, fresh or 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 small red pepper (capsicum)
- 1 red onion, cut into rings (medium size)
- 1 cayenne, chili for heat
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 lime
- 1Ensure the fish is dry. Wipe with kitchen napkins. Salt and pepper each side of the fish with a sprinkle of each.
- 2Heat the oil in the pan on high heat until smoking.
- 3Put the fish in the pan and sizzle until it browns a little on each side. Chuck in the curry leaves as well. Make sure you don’t cook the fish through. 30 secs should be enough. Plate.
- 4Turn the fire down and saute the garlic, ginger, onions, turmeric, pandan leaf, chilli until fragrant. Put in the coconut milk or the milk/healthier option and throw in the capsicum and if using, the egg plant, and french beans.
- 5Cover and stew until the milk reduces a bit and egg plant and french beans are cooked.
- 6Put in the fish and curry leaves and baste then warm through.
- 7Squeeze in the lime juice. The sour shouldn’t dominate but should calm the sweetness of the coconut milk and pandan leaf.
- 8Serve with HOT rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eurasian Fish Stew - Fish Molee
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 132.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: