Eurasian Fish Stew - Fish Molee
- Ensure the fish is dry. Wipe with kitchen napkins. Salt and pepper each side of the fish with a sprinkle of each.
- Heat the oil in the pan on high heat until smoking.
- Put the fish in the pan and sizzle until it browns a little on each side. Chuck in the curry leaves as well. Make sure you don’t cook the fish through. 30 secs should be enough. Plate.
- Turn the fire down and saute the garlic, ginger, onions, turmeric, pandan leaf, chilli until fragrant. Put in the coconut milk or the milk/healthier option and throw in the capsicum and if using, the egg plant, and french beans.
- Cover and stew until the milk reduces a bit and egg plant and french beans are cooked.
- Put in the fish and curry leaves and baste then warm through.
- Squeeze in the lime juice. The sour shouldn’t dominate but should calm the sweetness of the coconut milk and pandan leaf.
- Serve with HOT rice.