Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A wonderful recipe for your crockpot.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 medium potatoes, scrubbed and sliced (about 2 lbs)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- In a small bowl combine the scallions and the garlic.
- In another small bowl, combine the salt and pepper.
- In a well-buttered 3.5-qt slow cooker, layer one fourth of the sliced potatoes. Sprinkle with about 1/4 tsp of the sait and pepper, and top with one third of the cheese cubes and then one third of the scallion mixture.
- Make a second layer of potatoes, sprinkle with about 1/4 tsp of the salt/pepper mix, and top with half of the remaining cheese and scallion mixtures.
- Repeat with a third layer of potatoes, sprinkle another 1/4 tsp of salt/pepper mix,
- and top with the remaining cheese and scallion mixtures.
- Make a final layer of potatoes and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Cover and slow cook for 2 hours on high. Stir the potatoes to distribute the melting chees, cover and continue cooking until the potatoes are very tender, about 1 hour longer.
- Stir the potatoes well to mash slightly and serve immediately.
I love cooking anything in a crockpot. This recipe was outstanding! I'm a potatoe lover at heart and I thought I was in heaven when I ate this!