Recipe by Oolala
From a Special Olympics community cookbook called "On Your Mark...Get Set...Snow" which was for the 1989 Winter games. These are dropped in teaspoonfuls on a cookie sheet and they have heavy cream in them!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, more may be needed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, more may be needed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat thoroughly.
- Add cream.
- Sift together salt, flour and baking powder and add to the mixture.
- Mix well.
- Drop in teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet 1" apart and bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- After baking, brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar.