Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Eula Mae Dore is chef for the McIlhenny family, proprietors of world famous Tabasco sauce.
- 6 red potatoes, about two pounds, scrubbed
- 6 eggs, hard cooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons gherkins, finely diced
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes until nice and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain. Peel the potatoes when they are cool enough to handle.
- Place the egg yolks in a large bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix well. Coarsely chop the egg whites and add them to the mayonnaise mixture.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters, and then cut the quarters into 1/4 inch thick slices. Add them to the mayonnaise mixture along with the remaining ingredients, including salt and toss gently to combine.
Aussie swap #78: Delicious potato salad - I have to have pickles in mine so I am happy to have found this recipe!
A nice basic potato salad. I scaled down the recipe for 2 and added some chopped parsley. Thanks!