Eula Mae Dore's Potato Salad
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes until nice and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain. Peel the potatoes when they are cool enough to handle.
- Place the egg yolks in a large bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix well. Coarsely chop the egg whites and add them to the mayonnaise mixture.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters, and then cut the quarters into 1/4 inch thick slices. Add them to the mayonnaise mixture along with the remaining ingredients, including salt and toss gently to combine.