Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My good friend Etty gave me this recipe many years ago. The cornflake crumbs make these crispy and a nice change from standard recipes.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup veg cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1 cup quick oats
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and cooking oil to the sugar mixture until well blended.
- Blend in the cornflake crumbs, oats & chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake @350 for 12-15 min til golden brown and the tops dry. Remove to cooling racks and eat warm or allow to cool completely.