Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was going through my Mom's recipes and found this one from my Grandmother (Ethal Schaumberg Molony)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups of chopped dates
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) bag coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon rum
- 1 tablespoon oleo
- Spread the Oleo in the bottom os sausepan.
- Mix dates, sugar and eggs in sausepan and cook on low heat, stirring constantly for about 8-10 minutes.
- Take off heat and add Rice Krispies, stir and add pecans .
- Using a teaspoon, drop into coconut and then put on cookie sheet that is covered with wax paper and then let cool.
- Since this recipe came from my Grandmother and she did not wtire down how much this yields. I am gussing.
I just want to tell you that I am going to make this soon...one year at Christmas time, a student's mother made candy and gave me. It was the best and oh, so chewy and yummy! I think it must have been this recipe because of the ingredients. I will let you know!