Recipe by Dona England
One of my favorites, a quick Italian soup. Recipe is by PAH on Mimi's Cyber Kitchen.
Top Review by Nado2003
Easy, fast, delicious and healthy. I LOVE IT! I used chicken sausage and added an additional can of cannellini beans because my daughter loves beans. I added the spinach at the end of the cooking time, just before I turned off the heat so that they would be bright green. The soup tasted delicious. My 10 year old loves it. THANK YOU.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage, links
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, cleaned, rough chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in heavy 4 quart sauce pan.
- Cut sausage into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Brown sausage in pan until no longer pink.
- Add onion and garlic and stir until softened.
- Add spinach, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, beans and red pepper.
- Heat to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.