Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mom makes this every year for my birthday along with two trifles. My friends adore it. My best friend got ill at one of my parties and had to go home early. She was so upset that she missed this that she demanded we have it when she came back. Ever since then, if she is coming over, Mom knows enough to go buy strawberries.
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 300 g punnet strawberries, cut
- 15 meringues, crumbled
- 300 g punnet strawberries, blended
- Whip the whipping cream and fold through the cut strawberries. Set aside until serving.
- Just before serving, fold in the crumbled meringues.
- Place in a serving dish and pour the blended strawberry sauce over top.