Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Combine jalapeno pepper, onions, lemon juice, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- Add a little salt to taste.
- Chill and serve cold.
What a wonderful way to prepare tomatos and onions. The Red onion and Jalepeno mixed with lemon really create a lovely flavour and zing to the tomatoes. If you like salsa - give this a try. Although the taste is somewhat different, I have a feeling, salsa lovers will enjoy this just as much.
I liked this dish. For visual appeal, I used an heirloom purple tomato, a yellow tomato, and a regular red.
a little overpowering..the original tomato salad involves the use of chickpeas...