Recipe by yewoinfamilycooking
Sunflower Seeds Juice is healthy and tasty drink especially for vegans and Lent observers.
Top Review by Nick C.
I made this for my flu suffering girlfriend as we were told sunflower seed has good medicinal properties for the respiratory system. Can't comment on the effectiveness, but the drink itself was beautiful. Similar to almond milk and matches well with the ginger and honey. Thanks for recipe! Will be repeating.
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 head rue (Tena Adam) or 1 head gingerroot (peeled, sliced)
- honey (as required) or sugar (as required)
- 4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the sunflower seeds with cold water.
- In a cooking pot, cover the sunflower seeds in cold water; boil for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Strain in colander and discard the liquid; place the sunflower seeds in a food processor (blender), add 4 cups of cold water; grind and mash until all the seeds are crushed.
- Strain and pour the sunflower juice into a container; add a branch of rue or ginger root; cover and keep it in fridge.
- For one glass of sunflower juice, add 1 teaspoon of honey or 1/2 teaspoon of sugar; mix it well and drink.
- Always shake the container to mix the sunflower juice before pouring into a glass.