This spicy chickpeas Stew is a nutritious dish for vegans and vegetarians.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
1/2 cup spiced chickpeas powder
- 1Sauté the onion with oil, adding gradually half cup of water until tender; If the chickpeas are not spiced add the hot chili powder and stir for five minutes.
- 2Add one cup of water and boil.
- 3To the boiling sauce, sprinkle the chickpeas powder by stirring continuously until smooth and add one cup of water; stir continuously, (if needed add half cup of water); cook the stew for 25 minutes.
- 4Add to stew, false cardamom, black pepper and salt; cook until simmers.
- 5Serve it cold or warm with Injera, pita bread.
- 6Keep it in the fridge.
- 7P.S. (a)If preferred, mix the chickpeas powder with one or more cup of cold water in a bowl and pour to the boiling sauce; mix it well; stir continuously.
- 8(b) If needed, you may add 1 tablespoon purified butter (Nitir Kebe)* instead of the oil.
- 9* You will find these spices in Ethiopian or Indian shops/groceries.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ethiopian Spicy Chickpeas Stew (Yeshinbra Shiro Wot)
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g