Quwanta is spiced dried out beef
Make and share this Ethiopian Spiced Beef Jerky (Quwanta) recipe from Food.com.
- Remove fat and cut meat in long strips with zigzag shapes.
- Mix awaze, wine, oil, cardamom, black pepper and salt.
- Marinate meat with mixed dressing.
- Place meat on food dehydrator or jerky maker; cover and dehydrate until crisp dry.
- Break dried meat in small pieces; keep pieces in a tight glass jar.
- Use as snack or appetizer.
I haven't tried this recipe because I do not have the machine to dry out the Quwanta. However, I love this Ethiopian snack and usually buy a quantity from a store in Wheaton, Maryland called Ethiopia Plus. It is a delicious and spicy snack and once you start, you won't put it down until it is all gone. If you have an Ethiopian beer to enjoy with it, so much the better. Good luck from Cliff Matheson in Bethesda, Maryland.