- 4 lbs beef tenderloin or 4 lbs boneless sirloin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (berbere) or 2 tablespoons chili paste (Awaze)
- 3 tablespoons dry wine or 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon false cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove fat; cut the meat in long strips with zigzag shapes.
- Mix the chili powder (berbere) or (Awaze), wine, oil, false cardamom, black pepper and salt.
- Marinate the meat with the mixed dressing.
- Place the meat on food dehydrator or jerky maker; cover and dehydrate until crisp dry.
- Break the dried meat in small pieces; keep the pieces in a tight glass jar. Serve it at room temperature.