1/1 Photo of Ethiopian Sauteed Lamb or Beef
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g lean lamb or 340.19 g beef sirloin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil or 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 green hot peppers, quartered lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 0.25 ml salt
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.78-19.71 ml berbere mixed spice, recommend Berbere Spice Mix (Ethiopian)
- 1Cut meat into thin 2 inch long strips and mix with garlic.
- 2Heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and hot peppers until onion is light golden (about 4 to 5 min).
- 3Add red pepper ans salt; saute until red pepper is tender (about 2 to 3 min).
- 4Transfer onion mixture to bowl.
- 5In same pan, melt butter over high heat and saute meat mixture until seared all over (about 2 min).
- 6Stir in Berbere spice mix to taste; saute for 30 seconds.
- 7Serve with injera bread and Tomato & Cucumber salad.
- 8Keep extra Berbere spice mix on table to sprinkle over meat as desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ethiopian Sauteed Lamb or Beef
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.4
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 132.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: