Ethiopian Mild Lamb Stew (Yebeg Alicha)
- Cut the ribs in smaller sizes and the meat in small strips, wash it with cold water.
- Boil water in large pot; add the cleaned ribs and the meat; cook it for 10 minutes and strain.
- In medium heat, cook the onion with two cups of water (adding the water gradually); stir continuously until tender (10-15 minutes).
- Add the butter, garlic, ginger-root juice, bishop weed and cook for five minutes.
- Add the ribs and the meat; stir for five minutes; put four cups of water and turmeric; cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add false cardamom, salt to taste and cook to simmer; at the end, add the hot peppers and remove from heat.