Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple, delicious, nutritious salad for vegans, vegetarians and all.
Make and share this Ethiopian Lentil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 tomato (minced)
- 2 green onions (minced)
- 1 hot green pepper (seeded, minced)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil (minced)
- salt and black pepper
- Rinse the lentils in cold water; cover the lentils with 6 cup of water; cook until very soft; drain the water and leave the lentils to cool.
- Prepare salad dressing: Combine the oil, lemons, garlic, mustard, basil, parsley, black pepper and salt; whisk it well.
- Mix the dressing with the tomato, green onions and hot green pepper.
- Using spoon or fork, mash the lentils and mix with the vegetable dressing. Keep it in the fridge. Serve it cold.