Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, delicious, nutritious salad for vegans, vegetarians and all.
Make and share this Ethiopian Lentil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 tomatoes (minced)
- 2 green onions (minced)
- 1 hot green pepper (seeded, minced)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil (minced)
- salt and black pepper
- Rinse the lentils in cold water; cover the lentils with 6 cup of water; cook until very soft; drain the water and leave the lentils to cool.
- Prepare salad dressing: Combine the oil, lemons, garlic, mustard, basil, parsley, black pepper and salt; whisk it well.
- Mix the dressing with the tomato, green onions and hot green pepper.
- Using spoon or fork, mash the lentils and mix with the vegetable dressing. Keep it in the fridge. Serve it cold.