Simple, delicious, nutritious salad for vegans, vegetarians and all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 tomato (minced)
- 2 green onions (minced)
- 1 hot green pepper (seeded, minced)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil (minced)
- salt and black pepper
- 1Rinse the lentils in cold water; cover the lentils with 6 cup of water; cook until very soft; drain the water and leave the lentils to cool.
- 2Prepare salad dressing: Combine the oil, lemons, garlic, mustard, basil, parsley, black pepper and salt; whisk it well.
- 3Mix the dressing with the tomato, green onions and hot green pepper.
- 4Using spoon or fork, mash the lentils and mix with the vegetable dressing. Keep it in the fridge. Serve it cold.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ethiopian Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.7 g