Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A garlicky balanced spiciness for a delicious pot of greens. Use less garlic if you aren't a fan, but don't omit it completely. Other greens could be used, but the amounts of greens and water needed and the cooking time will vary. From "Diabetes Cooking for Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
- 473.18 ml water
- 1419.54 ml lightly packed torn kale leaves
- 236.59 ml chopped red onion
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes (use more to taste)
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the remaining ingredients and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes.