Recipe by byZula
Yummy!! Easy, tasty and not overly sweet. Great for sandwiches or to just eat plain. I've always liked sweet things, so for some people you may want to use a little less honey. This is my new fav!!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small measuring cup, sprinkle yeast over lukewarm water. Let stand for 3 minutes, then stir to dissolve yeast. Set bowl in warm place for five minutes.
- Combine egg, honey, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a deep bowl, mixing with a whisk. Add yeast mixture, milk, and 4 Tblsp. of melted butter, mixing well. Stir in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for about five minutes, until smooth and elastic. Shape into bowl coated with butter. Cover with towel and allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about an hour.
- After dough has risen, spread remaining butter over a 2 quart souffle dish or other 3 quart dish at least 3 inches deep. Punch dough down, knead again for another 2-3 minutes, shape into a round loaf and place it in dish to cover.
- Allow to rise another hour until it reaches the top rim of the dish. Bake at 300 degrees F for 50-60 minutes until top is crusty and golden brown. Turn bread out of pan and set on a rack to cool.