Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another tasty looking dish.
- 5 green chilies, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 6 small potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 4 carrots, cut in strips
- water, as needed
- 2 medium onions, quartered and separated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes, green beans, and carrots into boiling salted water, cover, and cook 5 minutes Remove veggies and rinse.
- Saute the chile and onion in oil until soft but not brown.
- Add the ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper and sautee 5 minutes
- Add the rest of ingredients, stir well, and cook over medium heat until veggies are tender.
I liked this - however, the flavor didn't get distributed very evenly. I'm thinking that next time I will wait to add the spices and such until after I put the potatoes, carrots, and green beans in, that way they cover everything well. Other than that (and the fact that I used chilies that weren't seeded - the canned kind - and I used roughly 2.5 oz), it was tasty! Made with Injera and Ethiopian Lentils With Berebere Spice Mix.