Ethiopian Dorowat version 2
- Mix up the tomato sauce with the paprika, first measure of wine,paprika, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, chili and allspice in a bowl, set aside.
- Gently cook off the onions and garlic in a heavy skillet with the oil, just til softened but not coloured.
- Now add the tomato sauce mix to this pan of lovely onions, along with the turmeric and chicken pieces.
- Bring the mix up to the boil, cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Uncover, add the last quantity of wine and simmer a further 15 or 20 minutes.
- Skim any fat off the surface during this time.
- Season to taste and serve.
- Traditionally served with Ethiopian flat bread, also good with mashed potatoes.