Recipe by SolightlyUK
Delicious combination of spices. You can use legs or thighs but breasts are not recommended. The meat falls right off the bone! I serve this with lemon couscous.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken legs or 3 -4 lbs chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons melted butter
- lime, quartered, for serving
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika (I used smoked)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 325F, 160C or Gas Mark 3.
- Coat the drumsticks or thighs in the peanut oil or melted butter.
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl mix half of the spice mix with the chicken, then arrange the drumsticks in a casserole dish lined with enough foil to make a package. You will be cooking these covered most of the time.
- Sprinkle more of the spice on the drumsticks. You can use all of the spice mix or stop whenever you want.
- Fold over the foil to seal up the chicken and bake for 90 minutes.
- At 90 minutes open up the foil packet to allow the chicken to cook uncovered. Continue cooking for at least 15 minutes but I recommend longer, 30 - 45 minutes.
- To serve, baste with the sauce from the pan and squeeze some fresh lime juice of the chicken right before you serve it.