Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious dish that can be served as a side or a vegetarian main course. This was found another website with minor changes.
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a medium skillet heat the olive over medium heat; add the carrots and onion and cook in the hot oil about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, and cabbage and cook another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes; cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Wow, we really like this recipe! I did not peel the red skin potatoes, thought it gave a nice color to the dish. Made for ZWT7 Saucy Silverado's
This was run-of-the-mill cabbage and potatoes w. a dash of turmeric and cumin. There was some ingredient missing that would have given it an Ethiopian flair.
I might have liked this, but in comparison to some of the same that I get from a nearby Ethiopian restaurant, this was bland, and there were too many potatoes compared to cabbage.