Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet.
- 6 green chilies (skinned, seeded and chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, cut in strips
- Puree chiles, ginger, garlic, spices, and wine to a smooth paste.
- Brown beef in hot oil.
- When evenly browned, remove and drain off all but 2T oil.
- Saute onion in the oil until soft but not browned.
- Add the bell peppers and saute for an additional 3 minutes
- Add the chile puree and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the beef and mix until strips are coated with sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes more until the beef is done.
I cooked this last night and it was an amazing. Very different from the flavor profiles I'm used to and a pleasant surprise. The flavors are so rich and comforting. My husband was really happy with it too. This will be a future go to recipe for my household.