Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The idea for this pacific yellow & orange themed dinner stems from the thought of progressively moving from seafood, transitioning to the mildly sweet mashed potatoes, and finishing with the taste of papaya. One wok, one knife, and spoons are all that needs to be cleaned up.
- 1⁄2 lb small scallop
- 1⁄2 lb salmon, small squares (no skin)
- 1⁄2 lb halibut, small squares (no skin)
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp
- 2 cups marinated cabbage kimchi
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced in rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or other red fish spice)
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh cut dill, to taste (enough to see)
- 2 large papayas, sliced in half and hollowed out
- 2 -3 sweet potatoes, depending on size
- 2 limes
- Bake sweet potatoes at 375 for 60 minutes, skin, and mash.
- Stir fry the seafood and garlic until the seafood is 75% cooked in wok (approx 20 min).
- Add the cheyenne pepper (or red fish spices)& salt at this time.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the stir fry remembering to drain the kimchi juices (approx 15 min).
- Once the stir fry is finished and the prawns turn orange on the edges, take the 4 carved out"grande" papaya bowls, add the mashed sweet potatoes evenly at the bottom of each, layer the stir fry on top and bake at 375 for 10 minutes (or until warm).
- Squeeze a bit of lime juice over, add a slice on the edge, and dive into this ocean adventure.
the combination of sweet and spicy is interesting and delicious