Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the blog "Nami-Nami" by the wonderful Pille. I have not made this yet, but veggie broth might be nice instead of the water. Smoked Gouda is suggested if you do not have a nice Estonian smoked cheese handy. Prep time is estimated.
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes or 400 g tomato passata
- 400 ml water
- 200 g smoked cheese, finely chopped
- 200 ml single cream (I would use half-and-half or evaporated milk)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- chopped parsley (garnish)
- Combine the tomatoes and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a slow boil.
- Add the cheese and cream; reduce to a simmer and heat, stirring constantly, until the cheese has melted.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Garnish and serve.