Goes nicely with braised red cabbage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine everything except for 1/2 cup bread crumbs and the oil, and knead with your hands for 5-10 minutes or until mixture is smooth, light and fluffy.
- 2Moisten your hands with cold water and shape the mixture into 8 thick, round patties, then dip each in the remaining 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, thoroughly coating both sides.
- 3Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy 10-12" skillet over high heat until a haze forms above it.
- 4Fry the patties 4 at a time for about 5-10 minutes on each side, regulating the heat so that they brown deeply, but don't burn.
- 5To make sure that they are fully cooked insert the tip of a knife into one of the patties, spreading it slightly apart, and look to see that there is no pink.
- 6If it is still pink in the middle, lower the heat and cook a few minutes longer, if not serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Estonian Ground Meat Patties (Beef, Veal, Pork) (Hakklihakotlet)
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.7
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 196.3 mg
- Sodium 895.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 30.9 g