Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Peruvian. There isn't a whole lot of wow factor here but it is a good mild dish that is fairly easy to make that my whole family will eat. The raisins add a nice sweetness as does the paprika but overall it is a rather bland dish that some may find comforting.
- 6 -8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Fry chicken in batches, 4 minutes per side until lightly browned; transfer to plate.
- Add onion, garlic, tomato paste, paprika, and the wine to the pot. Cook 3 minutes, stirring a few times. Add chicken broth, carrots, and potatoes. Simmer, covered for 5 minutes. Add back in chicken pieces and cover with sauce. Simmer covered about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in raisins during last 5 minutes of cooking.
Although I usually prefer working with chicken breasts, I did make this recipe as written & found the thighs just as easy to prepare! A interesting & enjoy use of the raisins, which is what really caught my attention! Will definitely be making this one again, thanks to you! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]