Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I like to eat this with some onion rice, grilled plantain and avocado salad
- 3 kg leg of lamb
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons beef stock powder
- 30 g fresh coriander
- 2 cloves
- 3 mexican jalapenos
- 300 g carrot and French beans, sliced
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 3 liters peeled tomatoes (fresh or from the can)
- 50 g chili powder
- Debone lamb leg and cut into 2.5cm cubes. Put in a pot and set on low fire. (For this stew, you don?t add water for the stock. The tomatoes will provide the juice to flavour the stew.).
- Cut onions into cubes and saute till fragrant in a pan. Add into pot.
- Saute together paprika powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, cloves and chilli powder until fragrant. Add half litre water (or one glass) into the spice to form a thin paste. Then add the paste into the pot.
- While the lamb is slowly cooking, add tomato puree, sliced jalapeno, sliced mushrooms, beef stock powder, the whole peeled tomatoes and fresh coriander. When the lamb is tender, add sliced carrot and french beans. Stew for about one-and-a-half hours or until desired consistency is reached. Serve with Mexican rice.