Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sourced from "Three Generations of Chilean Cuisine" by Mirtha Umana-Murray. Posted for ZWT 7 Alino is a herb mix (see my "Alino - Chiliean Herb Mix")
- 1 kg rump roast, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 capsicum, red, finely chopped
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 peppercorns, black
- 1⁄2 teaspoon alino mixed herbs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 (440 g) can tomatoes
- 400 g beans, green
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large casserole with a lid, heat the oil and brown the beef. Add onion, carrot, pepper, mushrooms, garlic, peppercorns, alino, and bay leaf. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add port, soy sauce, beef stock and tomatoes. Cover and transfer to oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add green beans and cook for 15 minutes. Serve with rice or potatoes.