Recipe by Lennie
Attention olive and garlic lovers! This is easy and tastes great. You can make the tapenade ahead of time if you wish, but make sure it's at room temperature when you serve it, not cold from the fridge.
- 2 cups pitted olives (your choice, see directions)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (approximate)
- 1 baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Use whatever assortment olives you wish: recommended are a combo of kalamata, fire roasted and sundried.
- Slice the baguette on the diagonal in thick slices and place on a cookie sheet.
- Stick under your broiler to lightly toast the bread slices; remove from oven and set aside.
- In a food processor, place all the (pitted) olives.
- Process until olives are finely chopped.
- Remove olives to a mixing bowl.
- Now, add garlic to food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add garlic, along with capers, to olives; combine.
- Stir in just enough olive oil to olive mixture so that it will spread nicely.
- Spread on top of toasted baguette slices and serve.