Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has got to be one of the best eggplant recipes i have ever eaten. it was given to me by a friend of a friend who had made it for a luncheon that i attended. the most time consuming part is cutting the eggplant paper thin. I used italian tomato sauce Authentic Italian Tomato Sauce
- 1 eggplant
- 2 eggs, beaten
- olive oil, to fry eggplant
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour, add more as needed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- italian tomato sauce
- Peel eggplant and cut paper thin slices "lengthwise".
- To beaten eggs add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Pour enough olive oil in frying pan and heat. Add more as needed.
- Lightly dip eggplant pieces into flour. Shake off excess.
- Dip into egg, pepper and salt mixture. Shake off extra liquid.
- Fry on both sides till lightly brown. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. Repeat till all pieces of eggplant are fried.
- Spray a medium baking pan with baking and cooking spray. Put enough of the tomato sauce to coat pan. Next layer eggplant slices, a little bit of both cheeses and a little more tomato sauce. Repeat layers ending with a topping of both cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour or till golden brown and bubbling.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing into squares. Mmm good.