Recipe by YummySmellsca
The only fat in this vegan recipe is whats naturally present in the spelt, and they're full of nutritious fresh ginger and molasses too. A dash of caramel-flavoured stevia really amps up the flavour.These are best eaten within a few days, though - the lack of oil dries them up quickly.
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 (1 g) packetcaramel-flavoured stevia artificial sweetener (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pear puree or 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour or 1 1⁄2 spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with pachment or silicone liners.
- In a food processor, finely dice or puree the fresh ginger, then add the molasses, sugar, stevia (if using), pear puree and vanilla and blend in thoroughly.
- Add the flour, baking soda, pie spice and sale and pulse in until blended.
- Optional: scrape into a bowl, cover and chill 1-6 hours.
- Scoop teaspoon-sized balls of batter and slightly flatten between your palms.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8 minutes. Cool completely on the sheets.